Denbighshire County Council Shadow Authority, records of
For ordering and viewing options, select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Finding Number: SDS
- Date: 1995-1996
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 2 boxes
- Description: Denbighshire County Council Shadow Authority was a transitional body established in 1995 as a result of local government reorganisation to prepare for the operation of the new Denbighshire County Council (following the disaggregation of Clwyd County Council into the four new authorities of Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham County Councils).
Scope and content: agendas, reports and minutes of Authority committees and press releases. It should be noted that, with the exception of SDS/1 (being composite minutes of all committees), all other minutes are contained within the agenda/reports of each committee.
- Terms:Local Government
- Related Material: SD (Denbighshire County Council); SDC (Denbighshire County Council Cabinet Committees)
- Access Conditions: Access to part of some items may be restricted by exempt information as detailed in Part 1 of Schedule 12a of the Local Government Act 1972. Each item to be checked by archivist prior to access.
- For more information: Denbighshire Archive
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection. Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Viewing the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered in advance. Please order on arrival
Alternatively you can request a copy of this document by signing in and selecting request a quote.
Please note access restrictions may mean that certain items cannot be viewed due to poor condition, data protection or it may be available in another format, such as on microfilm.