Cerrigydrudion Parish Council, records of
For ordering and viewing options, select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Finding Number: PCD/18
- Date: 1840-1955
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 16 boxes and 8 rolls
- Description: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894, taking over from parish vestry meetings. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganisation in 1974.
This collection includes: minutes, correspondence, financial records, burial and Poor Law records, maps and plans.
QSD/DE/26, 26a, 26b and 30- Enclouse map and awards
DD/DM/477- Further records relating to Cerrigydrudion Parish Council
- Terms:Local Government
- System of Arrangement: Parish Council Collections are arranged as follows:
1. Minute Books
2. Attendance Books
3. Books of declaration
4. Correspondence and Papers
5. Copy our letter books
7. Burial Board
8. Poor Law
- Access Conditions: This collection is open for research. It is advisable to book in advance, for details and opening hours see http://archives.denbighshire.gov.uk/visit-us/. Access to some documents may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation, Denbighshire Archive Service will advise where this is the case.
- For more information: Denbighshire Archive
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection. Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Viewing the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered in advance. Please order on arrival
Alternatively you can request a copy of this document by signing in and selecting request a quote.
Please note access restrictions may mean that certain items cannot be viewed due to poor condition, data protection or it may be available in another format, such as on microfilm.