Chirk and District Hospital, records of
For ordering and viewing options, select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Finding Number: HD/20
- Date: 1953-1962
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 4 items
- Description: Chirk Hospital opened on August 11th 1921. In 1948, the hospital came under the care of the NHS, under the Wrexham, Powys and Mawddach Hospital Management Committee (see also HD/14). The hospital closed in 1987 and the building was demolished, being replaced in 1990 by the purpose-built Chirk Community Hospital.
This collection is comprised of patient registers.
- Access Conditions: Hospital records containing personal or sensitive information are closed for 100 years
- For more information: Denbighshire Archive
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection. Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Viewing the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered in advance. Please order on arrival
Alternatively you can request a copy of this document by signing in and selecting request a quote.
Please note access restrictions may mean that certain items cannot be viewed due to poor condition, data protection or it may be available in another format, such as on microfilm.