Llangwyfan Hospital, Records of
For ordering and viewing options, select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Finding Number: HD/5
- Date: 1951-1981
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 18 volumes, 7 files, 3 maps
- Description: The neo-Georgian hospital was built between 1918-1920 as one of two tuberculosis sanatoria built and operated by the King Edward VII Welsh National Memorial Association - the other being Talgarth. Llangwyfan Hospital was closed in 1981.
Since the 1980s the site has been owned by Mental Health Care Uk, and is now known as Alexander House, Highfield Park.
- Terms:PUBLIC HEALTH
- Language: English
- Access Conditions: 100 year closure period on patient records.
- For more information: Denbighshire Archive
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection. Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Viewing the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered in advance. Please order on arrival
Alternatively you can request a copy of this document by signing in and selecting request a quote.
Please note access restrictions may mean that certain items cannot be viewed due to poor condition, data protection or it may be available in another format, such as on microfilm.