Gyffylliog School Board, records of
For ordering and viewing options, select View at the Archive
- Held At: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Finding Number: ED/SB/10
- Date: 1872-1904
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 3 items
- Format: Manuscript
- Description: After the Education Act 1870, School Boards were established to provide education in areas where no such provision existed. The School Boards were elected bodies, empowered to levy rates and to set up and maintain schools in areas where voluntary provision was inadequate. Following the Education Act 1902, the School Boards passed their responsibility for elementary education on to the Local Education Authority, Denbighshire County Council. The Education Committee received the records of the Boards when they were transferred.
- Copyright: Copyright owned by Denbighshire County Council
- Access Conditions: This collection is open for research. It is advisable to book in advance, for details and opening hours see http://archives.denbighshire.gov.uk/visit-us/. Access to some documents may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation, Denbighshire Archive Service will advise where this is the case.
- For more information: Denbighshire Archive
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection. Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
Online ordering is coming soon.
This document cannot be ordered in advance. Please order on arrival.
Please note access restrictions may mean that certain items cannot be viewed due to poor condition, data protection or it may be available in another format, such as on microfilm.