Howell's School, Denbigh, records of
For ordering and viewing options, select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Finding Number: DD/HS
- Date: 1859-2013
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 80 items
- Description: Howell's School Denbigh opened in 1859 and closed in 2013. It was an independant girls school.
The school was established in 1859 with funding from Thomas Howell's trustees who later established Howell's School Llandaff in 1860.
Scope and content: consists of minutes and reports; letter books; financial records; pupil records; staff records; and information about Old Howellians.
- System of Arrangement: Arranged into the following sections
1. Minutes and Reports
2. Letter books
3. Financial Records
4. Pupil Records
5. Staff Records
6. Old Howellians
- Access Conditions: All school records containing personal or sensitive information are closed for 75 years. This includes log books, admission and attendance registers and some minute books.
- For more information: Denbighshire Archive
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection. Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Viewing the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered in advance. Please order on arrival
Alternatively you can request a copy of this document by signing in and selecting request a quote.
Please note access restrictions may mean that certain items cannot be viewed due to poor condition, data protection or it may be available in another format, such as on microfilm.