Rhyl County Court, records of
For ordering and viewing options, select View at the Archive
- Held At: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Finding Number: CCD/F
- Date: 1850-1970
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 3 boxes, 5 volumes
- Description: Previously St Asaph County Court and St Asaph/Rhyl County Court, until 1911, when it became Rhyl County Court.
The County Courts at Rhyl/St Asaph and Mold/Flint alternated monthly.
County courts are of medieval origin, but were established in their present form by Act of Parliament in 1846. The court is primarily concerned with civil cases relating to debt and bankruptcy. There were also Courts in Denbigh, Llanrwst, Ruthin, and Wrexham in Denbighshire, and Corwen (Merionethshire)
Related material held elsewhere-
Flintshire Record Office, CC/A and CC/C Flint and Mold County Court records
- Language: English
- Access Conditions: This collection is open for research. It is advisable to book in advance, for details and opening hours see http://archives.denbighshire.gov.uk/visit-us/. Access to some documents may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation, Denbighshire Archive Service will advise where this is the case.
- For more information: Denbighshire Archive
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection. Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Online ordering is coming soon.
This document cannot be ordered in advance. Please order on arrival.
Please note access restrictions may mean that certain items cannot be viewed due to poor condition, data protection or it may be available in another format, such as on microfilm.