Volunteer with us
Volunteers play an important part in the work we do. Traditionally, volunteers have worked on-site at the Archives Office in Ruthin, but we can now offer virtual volunteering, so you can help to support our service from home.
We are looking for volunteers from a range of backgrounds. You can be any age and looking to learn a new skill or expand your CV, get some work experience, or gain some local knowledge.
Volunteering can benefit you by:
- improving your IT and other work-related skills
- providing a sense of being part of a community
- improving your confidence when looking for a job
Volunteering also supports people returning to work after a period of unemployment, by providing training in new skills and experience in new sectors.
What skills are needed?
Volunteer projects have required the following skills and personal attributes-
- Personal interest in archives and the service we provide
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Methodical approach and very good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good ICT skills (word processing, database and spreadsheet applications)
- Good standard of written and spoken Welsh
- Advanced ICT skills (digitisation, experience with photoshop/image editing, ECDL certificate)
How does volunteering help us?
Volunteers make a valuable contribution to our work, and they help to support our aims and objectives. So far, volunteers have helped us to:
- preserve and clean the records in our care
- add information and improve our archives catalogue
- create databases to increase access to some of the records we hold, including the North Wales Hospital Index
We are looking for virtual volunteers to help improve our online catalogue. This means converting paper catalogues into a searchable database.
How can you get involved?
We have the following volunteer roles available-
Virtual Volunteer– RECRUITING NOW!
Group Volunteer– RECRUITING NOW!
Individual Volunteer– NO AVAILABILITY